May 15, 2013
E-Mail marketing facts you should know
Our firm is heavily involved in the science of successful marketing. That is why I attended a presentation by a e-mail marketing service provider recently in Jackson.MS. Here are just a few of the facts I think are important in understanding the dynamics of successful campaigns:
– Per dollar investment, e-mail marketing offers the highest return on investment. More than paid search, web banners or social media.
– 75% of customers prefer to be contacted via e-mail than other forms of communications. More than phone calls, direct mail, advertising.
– The average B2B target spends 2.25 hours per day reviewing or responding to e-mails, receiving an average of 105 e-mails per day (that’s low for me).
– 53% of consumers check their e-mails before breakfast.
– 46% of e-mails are ready on a mobile device. That’s up 300% in just two years.
– As expected, the subject line is the most important factor in opening an e-mail. What is second? An engaging visual image.
These facts should provide you with some key learning into today’s e-mail market dynamics. Use them to craft greater ROI for your organization.